Topic Research: Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno

 Cupid and Psyche: The Jealousy of Psyche's Sisters

For this project, I'm considering rewriting Dante's Inferno with new characters, sins, and punishments for the twenty-first century. It would be interesting to take the sin jealousy and convert it into a character that punishes sinners. It's funny, actually, because my storytelling for week three of this class attempted to do exactly that.

Dante's Inferno

This will probably be my biggest inspiration for my project because it is the main source that I am basing all of my ideas on. I believe that in "Dante's Inferno," Dante encounters real life figures who are punished in this fictional setting for their sins in life. I would like to take this idea and update it a bit with twenty-first century people, maybe even incorporating mythological characters' traits into the personalities of well-known celebrities.

Homer's Odyssey

Odysseus, or Ulysses, from Homer's "Odyssey" makes an appearance in Dante's "Dante's Inferno". Reading both of these works and comparing and contrasting how Dante chose to rewrite Odysseus for his purposes versus how Homer originally wrote Odysseus will give me some good ideas on how I intend to do interpret and rewrite the literary characters I choose. 

We Choose You For El Infierno, Hitler (Source: Snappy Goat)

Comments

Popular Posts