Week 2 Reading Overview



Week 3: _Cupid and Psyche________

Week 4: _Homer's Iliad ________

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: ___Arabian Nights ______

Week 6: __Tales of a Parrot _______

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: ___West Africa______

Week 9: ___Congo______

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: __Inuit (Eskimo)_______

Week 11: __American Indian Tales_______

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: _Celtic Tales________

Week 13: _Canterbury Tales ________

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: __Inferno_______

Week 15: __Hans Christian Andersen_______

Out of all of the readings that I selected, I am most excited for the Cupid and Psyche one because I love a good love story. I made my most of my selections based on stuff that I am already familiar with because I think that being familiar would help me enjoy the stories more. I also tended to lean more towards stories that included spooky elements such as ghosts or demons as well as references to my childhood like Hans Christian Andersen and Arabian Nights. I enjoy mysteries, mysticism, friendship, love, family feuds, and horror when I read. 
I chose this image that I've included below because I think it offers an awesome enrichment of Dante's Inferno. Looking at it places me in the moment with Dante and gives me all of the proper feelings that I would expect when reading the story. 
                                                                     Dante's Inferno
                                                          (illustration by Gustave DorĂ©)

Comments

Popular Posts