Storybook Favorites

 The Gates of Hell

What really drew me to this storybook was the writing technique. The author does an amazing job of painting a picture with their words. The layout is nothing spectacular but the story and the detail included in it really interest me. The plot line is also interesting to me since I enjoy horror and things that aren't easily explainable when it comes to reality. The title "The Gates of Hell" did a good job of grabbing my attention because of my preference for scary stories.

And Then They Rested...

My first reaction was to the title which immediately peaked my interest. From there, I was intrigued by the first photo I saw on the main page which was of a cracked egg with the solar system in its yolk as well as its signature color choice: bright pink. The layout of this one was different from other storybooks I had looked at because it had drop tabs as well as easier navigation tools. When I started reading a little bit of the introduction, I was pleasantly surprised by the narration technique. The narrator refers to the audience as 'children' and sets the mood up for a long story about things that happened long ago. I found it to be a very effective narration style for myself because it made me feel simultaneously at home in the tale as well as like I'm being included in something monumental. 

The Labyrinth

On an aesthetic level, I appreciated the black and white color scheme of this storybook. The images used in this storybook are also stellar and really gripped my attention as well as the opening line on the Homepage "Deep in the Underworld of the Labyrinth of your subconscious, your Shadow Self awaits" (Labyrinth storybook). I was also really really impressed by the interactive setup of the storybook where you choose your own path. I have no idea how they executed something like that but it is wildly cool. I included one of the awesome photos from this Storybook below. 

                                                Desert Sky with Stars (Source: ph)

Comments

Popular Posts